• Boil water, used for drinking purposes, for at least one (1) minute, at a rolling boil, prior to use;
• Boil water to be used for other activities where it may be ingested, including;
– brushing teeth or soaking false teeth;
– dishwashing, unless sanitized in another fashion;
– washing fruits and vegetables;
– food or drink which will not be subsequently heated; and
– ice cubes
• Not drink from any public drinking fountains supplied with water from the public supply;
• Under most circumstances, no need to boil water used for other household purposes. People may use the water for washing and bathing, but should avoid swallowing the water.
• Ensure that younger children and infants are sponge bathed;
• Use an alternative water source known to be safe, if they do not wish to boil water; and consult with your physician if you have cuts or rashes that are severe before using the water.
Residents will be contacted immediately as soon as the test results are available.