Getting Your Project Started
In order to help you get your development or construction project started and ensure you are obtaining all the required permits and documentation, view:
Building and Developing
Building and Development Permit applicants are encouraged to contact the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services prior to formal application submission in order to clarify issues related to the processing of their application(s).
See also: Building Inspection
A development permit is required for most types of development in the Town of Kindersley. The permit ensures compliance with the Zoning Bylaw and approves the appearance, location, size and use of a building in any particular lot. Certain buildings and land uses are only allowed in certain areas of the Town in order to create comfortable residential environments, as well as prosperous business settings.
Download the current Town of Kindersley Development and Building Permit Fee Schedule . Completed applications should be submitted to the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services Office at 106 5th Avenue East (Box 1269), Kindersley, SK S0L 1S0.
A building permit grants you legal permission to start construction with the knowledge that the submitted drawings comply with appropriate governmental regulations. In addition, the building permit provides the means to enforce the requirements of the National Building Code of Canada 2010 , the Town of Kindersley Building Bylaw 01-12 , as well as other laws and applicable standards to ensure compliance during construction as well as the safety of the building. A building permit shall not be issued unless a development permit, when required, has been granted first.
A building permit is required for the construction of a new building, an addition, or alteration of any building or structure, including but not limited to:
- Building and building additions (i.e. new washroom, kitchen, bedroom, etc.)
- Raised patios and decks measuring more than 0.6 metres in height above grade, projecting not more than 3.0 metres into the required rear yard
- Attached or detached garages
- Basement development
- Sheds over 9.3 square metres
- Renovations that involve significant structural, electrical, or mechanical changes
Applicants may have to contact one or more of the following departments and agencies to obtain specific information about other work that may need to be conducted outside of the scope of the development proposal. Examples: tree removal, applications for subdivision, line locates, utility service connections.
Payment of development fees, where applicable, is required prior to the issuance of a development permit, in accordance with the bylaws of the Town of Kindersley. For more information on development fees, please contact the Engineering, Planning, and Development Department.
Forms, Applications, and Checklists
- Application for the Supply of Water.pdf
- Basement Development Checklist.pdf
- Business Licence Application.pdf
- Checklist for Deck.pdf
- Checklist for Detached Garage.pdf
- Demolition Permit Application.pdf
- Development Permit Application.pdf
- Fence Requirements.pdf
- Home-Based Occupation Application.pdf
- Minor Variance Permit Application.pdf
- Municipal Infrastructure Services Application.pdf
- Occupancy Permit Application.pdf
- Preliminary Project Proposal PPP.pdf
- Sign Permit Application.pdf
- Temporary Occupancy Permit Application.pdf
- Zoning Amendment Application.pdf
- Zoning Compliance Certificate Application.pdf
*please note, the Real Property Report (issued by any Saskatchewan land surveyor) must be submitted with this application.
Planning and Zoning
Zoning regulates land uses within Kindersley limits. Each parcel in the Town is assigned to a zone which describes the regulations under which that land may be used. The Zoning Bylaw 04-14 identifies allowable uses and sets standards such as minimum lot size, maximum building height, and minimum front yard depth.
In addition, developers must consult the Building bylaw and other maps available to the public in order to located underground infrastructure and other required infrastructure and services.
Sign up for E-Updates Now to Stay Informed
By submitting this form, you are granting the Town of Kindersley (106 5th Avenue East, Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada, www.kindersley.ca) permission to email you. You can revoke this permission at any time using the unsubscribe from this list link found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by MailChimp. This disclaimer is provided in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
View Past E-Updates | View previous campaigns.