Building Inspectors are responsible for the inspection of building construction projects including:
• Structural elements
• Renovations including any structural changes (example: adding a window)
• Construction of Residential, Commercial, and Accessory Buildings
• Other responsibilities of the Department include:
• Issuing building, moving, and demolition permits
• Plan Reviews
• Overseeing structure / moving permits
• Maintaining special inspection reports
• Issuing Orders of Non-Compliance
• Providing Completion (Final) Inspection Reports
The Town of Kindersley’s building jurisdictional areas consist of the Town limits only. If you are building outside of the Town’s jurisdiction, you will need to contact the RM office in which the property you are building on is located in.
The Town of Kindersley adheres to the 2010 National Building Code. This is the accepted code that is currently in use province-wide. For more information or to purchase a copy of the National Building Code 2010 edition view National Building Codes here.
Download Building Permit Application (fillable)
For Plumbing Permits, please contact the Town office at (306) 463-2675.
Snow Loads on Roofs
High snow loads on roofs could create risk to personal safety or building damage and collapse. All buildings including, carports, decks, and awnings may be affected. Owners and residents of flat-roof buildings in particular are urged to be aware of the possible snow load danger.