Curbside Garbage and Recycle Collection
The Town of Kindersley contracts Loraas Environmental Services Ltd. to conduct curbside cart collection of solid waste and recyclable materials for all residential properties within Kindersley. Garbage collection is conducted weekly, and recycle collection is performed on a bi-weekly basis.
For issues or concerns related to your curbside waste or recycle collection, contact Loraas at 306-463-2008.
Single Stream Recycling
The Town of Kindersley is committed to waste minimization and diversion through our single stream recycling and compost programs. With the single stream recycling program, all recyclable materials can be placed into the blue bins together – no sorting or separating required. Single stream blue bins are also available at the Kindersley Waste and Recycle Centre.
Acceptable materials must be clean and consist of the following: beverage containers (aluminum cans, plastic bottles/jugs, milk cartons, juice boxes), metal (aluminum, household tin), plastic (all household plastics labeled with any #1-7 symbol), paper fiber materials (newsprint, paper, flattened cardboard, etc.)
Please note that your 2023 Waste and Recycle curbside pickup will stay the same as the 2022 curbside pickup! Click to enlarge the schedules and map!
Compost Curbside Collection
Loraas Environmental and the Town of Kindersley are pleased to begin a subscription-based curbside compost collection program, starting in May. This exciting waste diversion program is another initiative that will save valuable landfill space and provide a natural product that can be reused to maintain and fertilize Kindersley parks. To subscribe, phone 306-463-2008.
Allowable materials: un-bagged leaves, grass clippings, non-woody vegetation and plant waste.
Separate green carts will be provided to subscribers of the compost program. Collection days will occur every two weeks. Materials accepted include lawn/garden waste, branches, and non-organic items. Food compost is not included in this program.
The following yard waste is also accepted in the compost area provided at the Kindersley Waste and Recycle Centre: leaves, grass clippings, garden waste, and tree branches (non elm species only). All leaves and grass clippings must be removed from garbage bags.
Compost and Recycle Centre
The Kindersley Compost and Recycle Centre is located along Highway 21 south, on the west side of Kindersley at the location of our previous landfill. This area is open 24/7. Please be sure to separate compost into the correct piles and put recycle in the appropriate bins. Thanks for your cooperation!
Compost Includes: unbagged leaves, grass clippings, branches, non-woody vegetation, and plant waste
Recycle Includes: household tin and aluminum, plastics #1 to #7, and mixed paper and cardboard
NO FOOD ITEMS, NO GARBAGE, NO CONSTRUCTION WASTE
• Located: On Highway 21 at the Kindersley Recycle Centre (previous landfill)
• Operating hours will be Tuesday-Saturday 9:00pm-5:00pm
• We Accept: fridges (decharged), stoves, washers, dryers, small appliances such as microwaves and electronics,propane tanks (emptied and cleaned)
• That’s right! We help dispose of your appliances at no charge to you!
• We Pay For:
– Scrap metal includes vehicles, trailers, old equipment, prepared or unprepared ferrous metal. Any scrap that is metal besides appliances.
– We buy non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, copper, brass, and stainless.
– We also accept batteries.
• Also offer yard clean-ups, bin services, and have a secondary location in Luseland, Saskatchewan.
The disposal costs at landfills for material for which there is no alternate use (waste construction and demolition (C&D) material) are high due to large volumes, weights and the mixture of several types of waste which may be difficult and costly to compact and cover. In some cases, owners of smaller landfills may be reluctant to accept C&D waste as large amounts of unexpected waste can quickly shorten the life of a landfill. The construction industry has been proactive in minimizing cost and construction material waste in the building of new structures. The potential for recycling or re-use of C&D material could significantly reduce waste disposal at landfills.
SARCAN Recycling Depot
106 Railway Ave E, Kindersley, SK S0L 1S0
|SARCAN Recycling Stream as of February 2021|
|PAINT (No fee, No Refunds)|
|· Can sizes 20L or less are accepted empty, full or partially full
· Household paint cans, paint-in-a-bag, & aerosol cans
· Must have original label & lid, be free of leaks rust & foreign objects
· Concrete, deck/floor, non-tar driveway, primers, undercoats,
· Varnishes, urethanes (single component), stains (barn, fence, porch)
· Interior and Exterior: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, enamel,
· Drywall and oil-based paints
|ELECTRONICS (No fee, No Refunds)|
|Components & broken down pieces of all Aforementioned electronics|
| Computers & Accessories:
· Desktop computers (including those acting as servers)
· Portable Computers such as laptops, tablets, notebooks or netbooks
· Keyboards, mice, speakers, external modems/routers
· External drives, & scanners
|Printer, Photocopier & Fax Machines:
· Inkjet, laser, dot matrix, all-in-one (multi-function) devices
· Photo printers, label printers, desktop photocopiers,
· Stand-alone desktop fax machines
· Desktop & portable scanners, business card, cheque,
· Photo-negative, ID card & portable pen scanners
· Floor-standing print or multi-function devices (max. 200kg)
| Audio Equipment:
· Stereos (home & auto), speakers (home, auto, & MP3 docking),
· Microphones, portable music players (CD, cassette, MP3)
· Voice recorders, sub woofers, radios, alarm clock radios, headphones
· Turn tables, satellite receivers (not the dish) DVD’s, VCR’s,
· Analog/film cameras, digital cameras, video cameras (both
· Analog & digital), web cameras, & security cameras.
· Corded & cordless telephones, cellular & ‘smart’, phone chargers
· Telephones, satellite telephones, VOIP telephones, pagers,
· Beepers, & answering machines (both digital & cassette)
|Microwave Ovens: Counter-top models only|
|BATTERIES (No fee, No Refunds)|
|Battery terminals: taped or individually bagged.
· Batteries from ebikes & escooters
Rechargeable: (up to 5kg) Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd), Lithium Ion
· (Li-Ion), Nickel Metal Hydrive (Ni-MH) & Nickel Zinc (Ni-ZN)
· small sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb)
Single Use batteries (alkaline):
· Often found in remote controls, keyless entry remotes, watches pacemakers, hearing aids,
· Memory backup fire alarm devices, military electronics, toys, etc.
| Containers must be rinsed and have caps removed,
Can be returned in full form or flattened horizontally.
|Aluminum & Tin||0-999 ml||0.10|
|1 L & over||0.25|
|Plastic Pop Bottles||0 – 999 ml||0.10|
|1 L & over||0.25|
|Clear/Coloured Glass||0 – 300 ml||0.10|
|301 – 999 ml||0.20|
|1 litre & over||0.40|
|Cartons/Juice Boxes||0 – 999 ml||0.10|
|1 L & over||0.25|
|Refillable Beer Bottles||Brown Glass 341ml||0.05|
Sign up for E-Updates Now to Stay Informed
By submitting this form, you are granting the Town of Kindersley (106 5th Avenue East, Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada, www.kindersley.ca) permission to email you. You can revoke this permission at any time using the unsubscribe from this list link found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by MailChimp. This disclaimer is provided in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
View Past E-Updates | View previous campaigns.