Kindersley’s Aquatic Centre is an indoor swimming facility located in the heart of Kindersley. It houses a 6-lane Jr. Olympics lane pool with a 1 metre and 3 metre diving board, a 2,500 sq. foot Leisure Pool with a Lazy River and multiple spray attractions. As well as a 20-person Hot Tub and a 150 foot waterslide. It is a $6.6 million investment that supports a broad variety of recreational, leisure, and therapeutic programs and activities for all ages. We look forward to having you visit our facility!
Steps to Becoming a Lifeguard
- Bronze Medallion – Prerequisites: 13 years or Bronze Medallion
- Bronze Cross – Prerequisites: Bronze Medallion
- Standard First Aid and CPR – No Prerequisites
- National Lifeguard – Prerequisites: 15 years, Bronze Cross and Standard First Aid
Times and dates are subject to change and minimum registrants required.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis in person or online registration.
All fees are payable at the time of registration.
Transfers will be allowed up to two weeks prior to the start of the registered session, providing room is available.
For more information call: (306) 463-2082
Steps to Becoming an Instructor
Prerequisites: 15 years of age by the end of the course; Bronze Cross certification (need not be current).
The Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor course prepares the instructor to teach and evaluate the swimming strokes and related skills found in the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life program. Candidates acquire proven teaching methods, planning skills, and a variety of stroke development drills and correction techniques.
Creating an Online KAC Client Account
Recently, we have implemented a Recreation Software called, Perfect Mind. We are using this software to let our patrons register for lessons and courses, view the schedule and make facility bookings online.
In order to create a client account with the Kindersley Aquatic Centre, please visit the web address below:
Once you have created a client within the software, you will be able to add children and other family members to create a family account.
To add a family member, simply choose “Add Family Member” at the top of your screen under “My Info.”
Reception: (306) 463 2082
Manager’s Office: (306) 463 2081
Aquatic Centre Schedule
Kindersley Aquatic Centre Admissions:
- Keep outdoor footwear off changeroom floors and the pool deck area.
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted in the facility, staff have the right to refuse entry to anyone suspected of being under the influence.
- Persons with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before using the facility, be accompanied by a responsible caregiver and must advise the lifeguards of their condition.
- Diving is only permitted in the designated diving areas where water depths are safe.
- Prolonged breath-holding or hyperventilation games/activities/exercises are not permitted.
- Breastfeeding is permitted anywhere and anytime in this facility.
- Persons with a high risk of incontinence, such as babies, must wear a swim diaper.
- Lifeguards can adjust these rules, close pools/pool features at any time to improve patron safety.
- Obey lifeguard requests and posted signage.
- Respect and be kind to all guests and staff, this is an inclusive facility for all, therefore there is Zero Tolerance for abusive behavior or bullying.
- Only proper swim attire is permitted. Proper swim attire is clothing that is clean, does not restrict movement, does not create a hazard, and does not damage property.
- Walk, floors are wet and slippery.
- Shower with soap and water before entering the pool area to maintain a healthy aquatic environment.
- Swim Test – Consistently swim 12 meters without stopping.
- Children under 7 years of age or non-swimmers who cannot pass the swim test must always be within arms reach of a capable and responsible caregiver, an adult or youth who is a proficient swimmer and is knowledgeable and active in their caregiver role.
Hot Tub Rules:
- Maximum 20 guests at any time, this includes small children.
- Limit hot tub use to 15 minutes at a time and cool down for a minimum of 5 minutes before re-entry.
- Do not sit on the stairs. Please leave this area clear.
- Elderly guests, pregnant women and guests with medical conditions such as respiratory or cardiopulmonary conditions should consult their physician before using the hot tub.
- Guests with communicable diseases/conditions or potentially infectious/transmittable illnesses are not permitted in the hot tub due to the high health and wellness risk to others.
- Children using the hot tub must be directly supervised by a responsible caregiver.
- Keep head about the water at all times.
New Swimming Gear Available for Purchase at the KAC!
You can now purchase different styles and sizes of ladies swimsuits, goggles for adults and kids, and adult water shoes and flip flops.
Kindersley Surge Swim Club
The Kindersley Aquatic Centre is proud to be the home of the Kindersley Surge Swim Club, please contact Carissa Graham at (306) 460-7441, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook Page.
Kindersley Aquatic Centre — 300 5th Avenue East
Sign up for E-Updates Now to Stay Informed
By submitting this form, you are granting the Town of Kindersley (106 5th Avenue East, Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada, www.kindersley.ca) permission to email you. You can revoke this permission at any time using the unsubscribe from this list link found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by MailChimp. This disclaimer is provided in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
View Past E-Updates | View previous campaigns.