*UPDATE: we will be keeping the Railway to Rosedale access open over the weekend (Oct. 9-14)
The final stages of the East Expansion Project will see more work to occur this fall.
The final stages of the project will see the addition of asphalt along Ditson Drive. This project, after consultation with Council, our project engineering contractor and paving crew and other factors such as compaction testing, resident feedback, weather conditions and roadway network importance, the Town of Kindersley determined that the option moving forward will now will include pavement for 2019. This project will also receive a final leveling course in approximately 1-5 years after full compaction of this area. Whenever deep excavation occurs, settling is bound to occur. Below is a summary of what Ditson Drive roadway will experience:
- further subgrade preparation;
- installation of a roadway geotextile;
- addition of subbase and base material;
- addition of a 75 mm asphalt layer all to be completed this fall
- The final step of this project is will consist of a planned 50 mm overlay and leveling course of asphalt to be added to Ditson in approximately 1-5 years following final compaction of this area. This shall be timed based on compaction and should correct any settling that shall occur.
Since Ditson Drive is one of the main roadways in Kindersley and the best roadway treatment option will involve roadway closures and patience from our residents. Detours will be required to reach Rosedale Subdivision, Kindersley Regional Park and the Golfview Mobile Acres property (East Grid and Highway 21 Grid Access). The timeline for the final stages of this project begin tomorrow, Tuesday, October 8 and are set for completion late next week.