Kindersley has been approved funding through the Provincial territorial Infrastructure Component – for National and Regional Projects (PTIC-NRP) of the New Building Canada Fund. This is essentially a cost sharing of 1/3 each (Municipal/Provincial & Federal). The funding is for upgrades to the Kindersley Lagoon, which will allow for future capacity & growth and also ensure that we are continuing to meet the government regulations for treatment of effluent under Water Security Agencies. This is a project that was initially submitted in 2015 and final approval for funding has now been given.
The Council of the Town of Kindersley awarded the Lagoon and Waste Water Upgrade at their July 22, 2019 meeting of Council. They awarded the project to Con-Tech General Contractors in the amount of $6,854,328.06 plus applicable taxes.
The Lagoon project will include design and construction of the following:
- Construction of two new aerated cells at the front end of the treatment process
- Installation of aeration header/laterals in the two new cells
- Construction of a second blower building for the expanded aeration system
- Replacement of the effluent pumping station
- Upgrades to the existing facultative aerated cells which consist of raising the perimeter berms by 0.9m and desludging the existing lagoon cells
- Replacement of 1800 metres of force main from the existing Rosedale Sewage Pumping Station to the lagoon.
- Replacement of gravity sewer trunk main to lagoon (Railway Avenue to the lagoon).
Our municipal component is larger due to some costs not being eligible under the funding program. These include costs acquired to have the project “shovel ready” for funding submission (as required), for example engineering costs to date for initial design, effluent sampling and studies, etc. All costs going forward are now eligible for funding.
The funding that has been approved is split the following:
|Sources of Funding||Total|
|Government of Canada – PTIC-NRP||$1,666,667|
|Province of Saskatchewan||$1,666,667|
|Town of Kindersley||$2,460,246|
The project will be completed in a 2-year phase. This will greatly increase our wastewater treatment capacity for our entire community. The tender package for the project is set for early spring of 2019 with construction beginning later this year. We aim for completion in 2020.
Sign up for E-Updates Now to Stay Informed
By submitting this form, you are granting the Town of Kindersley (106 5th Avenue East, Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada, www.kindersley.ca) permission to email you. You can revoke this permission at any time using the unsubscribe from this list link found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by MailChimp. This disclaimer is provided in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
View Past E-Updates | View previous campaigns.