Industrial Drainage and Roadway Project
The Town of Kindersley awarded the West Industrial Drainage and Roadway Project to Acadia Construction. This is a two (2) year project beginning in 2020 with finalization occurring in 2021. This project will include the following:
- Roadway and Ditch Improvements
- Culvert Removals
- Culvert Installation and Approach Construction
Acadia Construction is beginning this project on May 19, 2020.
Tender drawings for this project can be located by clicking this LINK.
Due to the scope of work there may be times were roadway access is limited and/or restricted. The contractor will try to provide access as much as possible to businesses in this area. Please visit this page frequently for updates on this project and roadway closures in this area. Read More.
Wastewater Upgrade Project
The Council of the Town of Kindersley awarded the Lagoon and Waste Water Upgrade at their July 22, 2019 meeting of Council. They awarded the project to Con-Tech General Contractors in the amount of $6,854,328.06 plus applicable taxes.
Kindersley was approved funding through the Provincial territorial Infrastructure Component – for National and Regional Projects (PTIC-NRP) of the New Building Canada Fund for this project. This is essentially a cost sharing of 1/3 each (Municipal/Provincial & Federal). The funding is for upgrades to the Kindersley Lagoon, which will allow for future capacity & growth and also ensure the we are meeting the government regulations for treatment of effluent under Water Security Agencies.
The Lagoon project will include design and construction of the following:
- Construction of two new aerated cells at the front end of the treatment process
- Installation of aeration header/laterals in the two new cells
- Construction of a second blower building for the expanded aeration system
- Replacement of the effluent pumping station
- Upgrades to the existing facultative aerated cells which consist of raising the perimeter berms by 0.9m and desludging the existing lagoon cells
- Replacement of 1800 metres of force main from the existing Rosedale Sewage Pumping Station to the lagoon.
- Replacement of gravity sewer trunk main to lagoon (Railway Avenue to the lagoon).
The amount of funding to be received by both the federal and provincial government is located below:
Government of Canada – PTIC-NRP $1,666,667
Province of Saskatchewan $1,666,667
This project began in 2019 and is set for completion in 2020. Read More.