Get a Smile, give a Smile and Make a Difference – Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign is Back!
The full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold supports the Aquatic Centre in Kindersley!
TOWN OF KINDERSLEY, September 10, 2019 – What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including the Aquatic Centre in Kindersley – one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from September 16 – 22, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies through their restaurant in Kindersley.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Kindersley are supporting the Aquatic Centre.
“We are thankful for such a Smileworthy experience. Thank you for recognizing how important a swimming pool is for the quality of life of our residents. The uses of the Aquatic Centre range from pure play and enjoyment, to life skills of swimming lessons, fitness, and therapy.”
– Chantelle Benjamin, Aquatics Manager, Kindersley Aquatic Centre
“The real magic behind the Smile Cookie campaign is the local impact and we’re excited to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs again this year. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members can feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local Tim Hortons communities.”
– Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @kindersleysask
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @townkindersley
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & Town of Kindersley
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons & Town of Kindersley
- Visit com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign
– 30 –
About TIM HORTONS®
Tim Hortons is one of North America’s largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
About Kindersley Aquatic Centre
Kindersley’s Aquatic Centre is a brand-new indoor swimming facility that houses a 6-lane Olympics-sized lane pool, a 2500 sq. ft leisure pool, 150 ft. waterslide, and 20-person hot tub. It is a $6.6 million investment that supports a broad variety of recreational, leisure, and therapeutic programs and activities for all ages. Construction on the Kindersley Aquatic Centre began in summer 2017 by a design build consortium of Pro-Built Structures Ltd. and Western Recreation. The facility replaces the former Kindersley pool, which was closed in 2014. More information about the Aquatic Centre is available at www.kindersley.ca.
For more information or interview requests, please contact:
Chantelle Benjamin, Kindersley Aquatic Centre
(306) 463 2081