Bylaw Enforcement and Animal Control

The Town of Kindersley is governed by Bylaws set by Town Council. All bylaws are named and filed according to the sequence and year in which they are passed. The passing of a new bylaw may result in a previous bylaw requiring repeal. For this reason, bylaws are regularly reviewed, amended, and in some cases, repealed.

To view or search for a particular bylaw name or topic, view the Town of Kindersley Master Bylaw Database.

Municipal Bylaw Enforcement

Primary functions of the Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Department include:

  • To educate the public in Bylaw issues
  • To educate the public about current Bylaws
  • To work with the citizens of our Community
  • To Provide a Safe and Healthy Community

We are committed to professional bylaw enforcement that is responsive to our citizens. In addition, officers privately enforce regulations as their case load allows.


The Bylaw Enforcement Department's workload is principally complaint-generated. The Department receives a substantial number of complaints each year concerning alleged violations of the Town Bylaws and other provincially and federally regulated issues. Each one is investigated to determine whether a violation exists, and appropriate actions are then taken.

Things To Know

Overgrown Weeds - Residents are required to maintain weeds and grass on all property, including boulevards and back alleys so that they do not appear overgrown - more than 20 cm (7.8 inches) in height; not including growth that is part of a natural garden or floral display.

Untidy and Unsightly Property - Back alleys are to be free from debris, yard waste, and other clutter that encourages rodents to shelter. Properties should also be free of dead or hazardous trees, sharp or dangerous objects, and garbage.

Dilapidated/Unoccupied Buildings - Buildings should not become damaged or deteriorated to the state that they are an imminent danger to public safety.

Junk Vehicles - Junk Vehicles are not permitted on any properties within the Town Of Kindersley.

Outdoor Storage of Materials - Building materials, lumber, metal boxes or similar items stored in the yard should be neatly stacked in piles and elevated at least 0.15 metres off the ground.

Fences - Fences should be maintained in a safe and reasonable state of repair.

Visible Civic Addresses - The civic address of any building/structure should be prominently displayed on a front facing exterior wall visible from the street to ensure that emergency responders have ability to locate the property easily.

Sidewalks - Sidewalks should be kept safe, passable, and free of obstruction at all times.

Nuisance Animals - Dogs are not permitted to create a nuisance to others by persistent barking, howling, attempting to bite, or chase vehicles/bicycles.

Snow Removal - It is not acceptable to push snow from private lots into the street or ditches. Snow that cannot be stockpiled on your lots must be hauled away.

Snowmobiles - Please remember that snowmobiles MUST use the most direct route when entering or exiting Town of Kindersley limits. Snowmobile riders caught between the hours of 11pm and 7am can be charged with violating the noise bylaw.

Animal Control

The Animal Control Department is dedicated to enforcing the Animal Control Bylaw and all related provincial regulations, in addition to reducing the incidence of animal/human contact by promoting responsible pet ownership through public education.

All pet owners within the Town of Kindersley are required to obtain an animal licence

Current Pet Licence Fees:

Non-spayed/neutered - $50
Spayed/neutered (must provide proof of sterilization from veterinarian):

  • 10 kg or less - $5
  • 11-20 kg - $15
  • 21 kg or more - $20

Non-spayed/neutered - $50
Spayed/neutered (must provide proof of sterilization) - $10

Town of Kindersley Animal Control strongly urges pet owners to have their dogs and cats spayed or neutered. Pets that are spayed or neutered remain healthier and are less likely to roam.

Reporting an Animal

To report a stray or injured animal, or to inquire about missing pets, please contact 306-463-2675.

Getting Involved

Kindersley Animal Control Pound often receives inquiries from residents and businesses who wish to donate food, litter, and other supplies needed to make the shelter comfortable and safe for the animals. All donations are gratefully accepted. Tax deductible receipts can be issued by the Town of Kindersley for most donations. When donating money, please specify if you wish the donation to be toward a particular need.

The Animal Control Pound has a number of capital projects that are required to improve the facility and its operations. These projects will be carried out as our budget allows. They include privacy fencing, covered dog runs, and improvements to the shelter’s ventilation. If you wish to make contributions toward these projects, please contact the Kindersley Town Office at 306-463-2675.